The government has registered a new legislative instrument on the 14 August, whereby the eligibility date for assessing employees eligible to Jobkeeper is Now 1 July 2020.
As you would recall, the eligibility date for employees to be enrolled in jobkeeper was the 01 March 2020.
Now this date has been shifted to 01 july 2020 providing room for further claims for additional employees initially to September 2020.
And there is another change:
There is now an ability for an employee (and eligible business person ) to RE-NOMINATE for Jobkeeper with a new employer under certain circumstances.
What does this mean to you as employer:
- Any employees that were employed as at 01 July 2020 under a permanent part time / Full time basis will be eligible for Jobkeeper (subject to the other eligibility conditions)
- Any long term casual employees that meet the 12 month test as of 01 July 2020 now become eligible for jobkeeper (not employed by any other entity)
- You may have employees turning 18 between March and July 2020. These employees would be eligible for jobkeeper now
- Any employees whose immigration status changed between March and June 2020 may be eligible for Jobkeeper
Few clarifications that I am sure you have circling your head at the moment:
- The change starts for jobkeeper fortnights commencing on 03 August 2020.
- The ATO has confirmed that for fortnights commencing on the 3rd August and 17 August employers will have until the 31 August to meet the wage payments for employees who are now included in the Jobkeeper under the 1 July eligibility test (not for the prior employees though…..)
- No, you do not need to satisfy the turnover test again, at least until the 28th September
- Remember that ALL eligible employees must be in job keeper if they qualify and accept to be nominated.
This is known as the “one in, all in” principle
- Since August is a 3 fortnight period for the purposes of jobkeeper, you must ensure that your employees receive the minimum $1500 per fortnight for the three fortnights, otherwise you will not be eligible to receive the payment
- For any new employees entering the scheme you will need to Complete the nomination form as soon as possible (just like you did at the beginning of the scheme.
Feel free to contact us with any enquiries
The team at KARDIA GROUP.